Friday, December 13, 2013

Nothing Without Him ...Everything to Him

I don't know how to give an answer to questions about "my life as a missionary," but I realized recently this is because it[my missionary life] is the norm for me. Some days I get to "serve"in ways that are more frequently accepted to be the "purpose" of a missionary, but these are not the days when I see God the most. Living in community, going through ups and downs, frequent prayer and worship, coffee, connections, crying, laughing, dancing, grocery shopping, and simply being with people and joining in life together is what pushes me forward. Are we not, as Christians, called to partake the body of Christ together with the Body of Christ?
As Christmas is fast approaching, my mind has been thinking on the time passed. Just over a year ago, as a team we started attending Viața Nouă , a small church that functions in a coffee shop. All I remember puts a smile on my face, much has changed but still holds a similar shadow from 2012. I recall how joyous and full I felt after simply taking an order from a table in Romanian or remembering someone's name. This year, I look around and know so much more. People's faces beam bright with memories from the foundations of relationships, times spent praying, and sometimes silly inside jokes.
Perhaps I am not alone in this, but I'm what I like to call an "energy snatcher" when I am around people, I gain energy and can go for hours [if I go too long, I start getting a tad bit cooky]. In short, I love being with people, no matter what is going on, I love it! Sometimes I think God is the same way, He loves people, being close with humanity lifts His heart and seeing His children purposely avoid Him is crushing. Everything He thinks towards us is good and His thoughts outnumber the sand! How deep and how pure His love is for each and every one of us. But not everything has to be a huge "spiritual experience" in order to be with Him. He wants to just be, and not make a big deal out of it. He is I Am, He just is. Nothing crazy, just simplicity. The big deal for Him is time with us. As holidays approach, our To-Do List grows and I stress the importance of inviting Him in it. Not your daily scripture reading or meal prayer, but more than that. Allow Him into everything, He knows your heart, He knows your joy and your pain. My eyes see a glow as I look to the familiar people around, knowing that through time and friendship, Christ has been present. Time with Christ and people will add that same light or sparkle to your vision as well.

I see Him everywhere; He sees me through everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment